Please note that The Company cannot, despite its safeguards and security, guarantee the security of any Personal Information that you disclose on the internet or online.
Definitions and Interpretation
References to the word or term:
- “ECT Act” means the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25 of 2002), as amended.
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (Act No. 4 of 2013), as amended (“PoPI”). When referenced to you, it means all information specific to you, that identifies you, provided over the internet.
- “The Company” means First Care Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
- “Process” or “Processing” or “Processed” or words of similar nature or meaning, means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in PoPI.
- “you” or the “user” means any person who accesses, uses and/or browses the Website, for any purpose.
Status and Amendments
The Company respects your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
Why would The Company collect your Personal Information
The Company will use your Personal Information only as appropriate in the normal course of business. Your personal information will be collected essentially for the following reasons:
- to identify you; and/or
- for The Company to Process your instructions; and/or
- to manage any transaction you may have with The Company; and/or
- to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa; and/or
- to detect fraud; and/or
- for direct marketing to you via e-mail or telephone.
The Company does not permit the selling or providing of Personal Information to third parties for independent use or commercial gain. The Company may share your Personal Information with its business partners if that information is required to provide you with the products or services requested by you.
Should you be required, at any time, to register as a user on the Website, you may be required or obliged to provide The Company with the following Personal Information:
- your first name and surname; and/or
- your date of birth or age; and/or
- your email address; and/or
- your physical address; and/or
- your gender; and/or
- marital status; and/or
- your contact telephone or cellular number; and/or
- username and password.
Should that information change, you are requested to update such information as soon as reasonably possible to enable The Company to update its records.
You may choose to provide additional Personal Information to The Company, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
Processing of Personal Information
By providing your Personal Information to The Company you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to and authorise its Processing by The Company.
Where you submit Personal Information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address etc.) via the Website (e.g. through completing any online form or registration) the following principles will be observed in the Processing of that information:
- The Company will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required, which will be apparent from the context in which it is requested; and/or
- The Company will only Process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed; and/or
- Personal Information will only be Processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing
- or The Company is permitted or obliged in terms of legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information; and/or
- The Company will keep records of all Personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on
- which it was last used; and/or
- The Company will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any third party without your prior written agreement or The Company is required to do so in law; and/or
- if Personal Information is released with your consent The Company will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used; and/or
- The Company will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by The Company for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently Processed.
As permitted by the ECT Act, The Company hereby advises you that it may use your Personal Information, so collected, towards the compiling of profiles for statistical purposes. The information contained in the profiles or statistics will not be able to be linked back to any specific user.
The Company subscribes to the principles of collecting Personal Information electronically as set provided for in section 51 of the ECT Act.
Collection of Anonymous Data
The Company may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the Website, but which will only be for the collection of statistical data.
The Company may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. It is important that it be brought to your attention that a “cookie” is a small file that is transferred or downloaded onto the hard drive of your computer in order to keep a record of your interaction with the website and facilitate your convenience. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used to identify a user, but may be used to compile deidentified or anonymised statistics relating to the use of services or goods offered or to provide The Company with feedback on the use, efficiency and/or performance of the Website.
The following types of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- the browser software used; and/or
- your Internet Protocol address; and/or
- your Internet Protocol address; and/or
- the URLs or uniform resource locator of internal pages visited; and/or
It is possible to opt out and/or alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on the Website may not be available.
The Company takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by the Website, but cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
Links to other websites
The Company has no control over and accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of any third party websites to which hyperlinks may have been provided.